This page contains several resources that may be helpful when you start using student peer review for the first time.
Introduction to peer review tutorial
This tutorial provides a introduction to peer review, including:
- What is peer review, and how does it work?
- Benefits of using peer review
- Guidelines for writing a review
- Guidelines for receiving feedback
- Guidelines for responding to reviewers
Download: Tutorial template (PPT 471 kB)
This one-page student handout containing general information about student peer review; guidelines about writing and receiving review; and some common questions.
This document contains examples drawn from real reviews written by students. Each example contains two reviews of the same piece of work, and show several of the differences between helpful and unhelpful reviews.
Download: Review examples (DOCX 110 kB)